Monday, September 28, 2009

Baby Grant

So I had invisioned the way I wanted the birth to go. We wanted to have our 3 older girls and my best friend here to witness the birth, and I really wanted to have some great pictures and video of the big moment. Well, you would think that after THIRY ONE HOURS of labor we would have PLENTY of time to get ready and get everyone here. Well, Grant had his own ideas! Because of so many false alarms and such sporadic contractions, everyone went home to get some sleep, have a shower and take care of things. Well, I was only having contractions about every 10 min. At about 8:30 on the night of the 7th (I started contracting the morning of the 6th), they started coming heavy and strong. Melody (our AMAZING midwife) finally let me get in the water. Jay and Melody were frantically calling for back up and I was frantically calling for help with pain relief, but after only a few HARD contractions and one or two pushes, Grant Jay was born at 9:08pm on July 7, 2009. 5lbs 5 oz, 18 inches long, born at 36 and a half weeks-breech, but absolutely perfect!

No comments: