Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ode to My Piano


So I finally have the piano of my dreams.....but I never have time to play it! It might sound funny but I really really miss the hours and hours and discipline of playing scales, arpeggios, Hanon etc, to the incessant ticking of the metranome. That is what I miss the most! Don't feel bad boys; I also dearly miss you: Chopin, Prokofiev, Beethoven, Saint-Seans, but I am a technique addict! I never get it when my students complain about this part of practicing. But alas, someday I will have the time again to perfect my talent with my beautiful Yamaha, but it is suddenly feeling very, very far away.

1 comment:

Ty Lyman said...

It's so great to find you here blogging. This is my addiction, along with Scrap booking. I wish I could afford that beautiful piano, but more, I wish I could play like you.